Thursday

Announcement

I have an announcement to make:

I will not be purchasing what is, in these-here parts anyway, the latest and greatest, evidently. Yes, I will survive this season WITHOUT a giraffe-print purse.
'Cause see? You're already carrying one. Oh, you aren't? Well then your sister is. And your mother. And that lady over there. And that other one over there. Of course, they all look TOTALLY different with their multi-colored accents. Notice the VAST differences in the following:

versus:

versus:

See? Completely different look all. So, besides the fact that it. has. been. done. and. done. again -- do they always have to use the WHOLE giraffe to make the purse? Are there no petite giraffe purses? Right now my purse is about half the size of these -- and it's one of the larger purses I carry (of course it has a convenient feature where it holds virtually nothing, yet still weighs 48 pounds).

So, I just needed to go on record as bucking the trend! No giraffe-prints for me! To those of you that are currently enjoying your giraffe-sized giraffe-print purse: enjoy! I'll stick with my straw. That is all.

10 comments:

Lolosblog said...

WEll said. AND you could probably feed a small country for what they paid for those purses! I will continue to carry my outdated bag until it falls apart!

Michelle said...

Yeah, I'm with Brandi....too expensive!

Kelly Sessions said...

Sarh, hahaha I totally have a giraffe purse, however I bought mine at the trinket store under my building where I work, it was the first time I had seen them ever...and I thought, hmm this is differetn and I like different, havent seen this yet..(go figure and I work at NM) but i bought mine for $25.00 haha nice!!But just for the record when I bought it, NO ONE else had one!! Now I dont like it so much..it used to be cool when only I had it;)

Kelly Sessions said...

Oh and FYI mine is lime green and it looks a lot idfferent than those pics!;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I was just saying the same thing this morning at the mall! Those purses are everywhere you look!! I actually do love the size and shape of them, but...alas...I can't find one that's not the ever-popular giraffe print... :(

Roxanne said...

The giraffe is my favorite animal. I love them. I also own several giraffe SIZED purses, but, alas, none that could be mistaken for an actual giraffe or the fake leather skin thereof. I am currently sporting a HUGE multi-colored striped purse that I got for free when ordering clothes last summer. It is JUST MY STYLE and BIG as all get out. You would think it was very "me" and hate the fact that I can fit a small child into it. It does, however, come in handy for smuggling contraband soft drinks into the movie theater. (I didn't say that.)

Both low AND behold, I have not seen the giraffe print purse. Maybe they have not yet migrated to Houston, or maybe I just don't pay attention.

Unknown said...

I am SOOOO with you, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Woah! That sure is a bold print on a purse. It says, "LOOK at Meeeeee!"

Trina said...

I just say that I have picked up the giraffe purse and thought how I would like to own one but then reality sets in and I realized that they have been the "thing" for over 8 monthsso I am already behind and I have just sent several "trendy" must haves to the Garage Sale pile and will not receive back even a fraction of what I spent to get them. So...giraffes are not at my house, but the straw bag with the torn straps is very much in!

AbbieCRAZY said...

FYI: I saw ONE in Birmingham. Just one. I'm pretty sure it was the expensive one.

This trend is so overdone.