Thursday

My Mental Health Day

I did not go to Room 24 today. I took a mental health day today. Yes, at 8 a.m. this morning, we had scarcely more than 30 hours to go until the official beginning of spring break. Yes, I felt a wee bit guilty for about 36 seconds. Yes, I stayed at school until 6 p.m. on Tuesday getting ready for today. But what a wonderful day.

I went to TWO exercise classes. I walked my children TO and FROM school. I wandered the aisles at Target without a list or watch. I had lunch with my honey. He needed to go to Wal-Mart. Even Wal-Mart is fun on a mental health day. I napped in the sunshine like a kitty. I organized a kitchen cabinet. All because I wanted to. I only did what I wanted to today. It was GLO-REE-US.

So tomorrow it is back to Room 24 and all the drama that entails. But today was my mental health day -- so I think I can face it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, YEA FOR YOU. There is nothing like a well-placed mental health day, and one day before spring break is the best time of all as far as I'm concerned.

Tammy M. said...

sounds marvelous! glad for you.

AbbieCRAZY said...

There's just something about doing what YOU want - not what HAS to be done. It always makes for a wonderful day....