Sunday

Suggestions, please...

Roxanne recently mailed me -- did you catch that?? MAILED, not emailed -- she had to walk into a post office and everything!! -- a CD 'specially made for ME!

Side note -- Roxanne, that is such a you thing to do. I especially love that you did your "cutting and pasting" electronically, other than the cover! Now I have something I enjoy AND I don't have to dust it!!

Anyway -- I love it, as anyone would love something 'specially made for them! I don't get to listen to all of it very often, because the kids especially love 2 tracks on there (All In This Together and Trashing the Camp) and we listen to those over and over. Riley commented the other day that he wished "Why Should I Worry" from Oliver and Company were on there. Which of course made me think of how easy it would be to make a custom CD from purchased downloads 'specially for each of my kids and what a great gift that would be. The problem is that I don't know any fun songs!

Ashley made me a list of a few songs she would like on a CD -- most of them from "High School Musical" (which is GREAT with me!)

Do you have any suggestions of songs you would put on a CD for a 9 and 11 year old? What's fun? What makes everyone want to sing along? We want to turn our house into our own "Up With People!" :-)

6 comments:

Ruth said...

hmmm... I will think on that and get back to you.

Ginger said...

Oooh, I know! I know!

My husband and I got acquainted with Justin Roberts on XM Satellite radio for kids this summer, when we were traveling across country. We were giggling and chortling as we listened.

We bought his album "Meltdown" and have enjoyed it immensely. It has those songs that you can listen to and get the kid meaning as well as the adult meaning. For example, I really enjoyed the song, "Maybe the Monster."

Roxanne said...

Well, I actually put those two on there for the kids, so I'm glad they like 'em. I've not seen High School Musical, but all of my kids at school talk about it--so that's how I found the one that I bought to put on my school cd and the one for you. And isn't that Phil Collins song just great????? (Shooby-doo,wabba dop, shooby-doo, wadda do dah de dop. . .)

Glad you are enjoying it AND the very happily striped cover!!!

Sarah said...

I DO love the Justin Roberts guy!! Young moms, we have been in the dark about Justin Roberts -- I've only heard the snippets you can get at walmart.com, but he is fun!

Anonymous said...

Mahna Mahna

Anne said...

Nathaniel does this for me and I love, love, love it! He has made me an anniversary one, a Christian mix, and one that has all of 'our' songs that helped us through crisis.

You'll have to let me think about what some good ones are to add to your CD's for the kids...:)