Monday

Product Reviews

*sigh* I fell prey. Saw a cool-looking remote car for one of the younger crowd on my list. The price wasn't too bad. I got it AND the batteries, because I am a considerate gift-giver that way. Before I wrapped it, I decided to try Shannon's trick and get all of the packaging, twist-ties, cellophane tape, etc., out of the way so that play could begin immediately upon opening! Lo and behold, no packaging -- only styrofoam keeping it in place! Cool! Well, while I'm in here, may as well put the batteries in -- they'll still be good in a few weeks, right. Well, no, because it is impossible to put the batteries in while the car is turned off, and if you turn it on to put the batteries in, it runs constantly causing little bitty tire burns on the battery installer (ask me how I know this!) *sigh* One more package re-packaged and headed back to Target. For the record, it was a Kool Toyz Truck and ATV set. (Kool Toyz is a Target brand of toys *this much is true* manufactured only at Christmastime to trap unsuspecting consumers).

On a better and more local note -- I won't even try to tell you the connection to these folks, but some out-of-towners were in town and we met them for lunch. They were wanting to go to Bangkok Thai restaurant. Bangkok Thai is the hotel restaurant to a less-than-desirable-looking hotel on S. 1st. I was VERY afraid and took Zantac in my purse and had a snack on the way there in case it was horrible. It was MOST excellent, reasonably priced, and I will probably return there someday -- in broad daylight, with either my husband or a large group of people. I recommend Bangkok Thai (one of the people at our table said that Noke's has closed?).

But not Kool Toyz.

3 comments:

David Scott said...

Ah, there's nothing quite like good Thai food. Then again, there's nothing quite like really bad Thai food, either. Next time we're in town I'll let you two take us out. Troy can expense it to Tyson's office.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Thai, did someone say, Thai? Oh, please, let me have some Thai. I had it once and liked it - I want more! Same with sushi - want more.

Aside: Jim doesn't like Asian food. A flaw I over looked before marriage....

Roxanne said...

Never had Thai food. . .but I have had Greek food and broke the plate and everything. . .

I have been taking the ties/loops/chains/small barbed darts dipped in poison from Christmas and birthday toys for awhile as well. . .I put them back in the box, though. I am ever so grateful for it--especially when we get a present from someone else that is being held captive inside the box. Unfun.