Wednesday

Random Thoughts for Today

  • Teaching has greatly lowered my Diet Coke standards: three months ago I would REALLY rather not drink it from a can, and NEVER drink any Diet Coke that isn't ice cold. I catch myself guzzling warm Diet Coke from a can like a pathetic addict. Desperate times call for desperate measures!
  • Heard a most unfortunate pronunciation of "Shiite" today on the news. Let's be careful out there.
  • If the entirity of the grocery store where you shop is being re-stocked and re-arranged (like they seem to do every 3 months to keep you wandering the aisles looking for what you need), what are the odds that the one item on an aisle that you need is directly under the belly of a re-stocker? In my case, 100%.
  • My trip to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo 2 weeks ago gave me renewed commitment to do SOMETHING about childhood obesity. It absolutely breaks my heart. Now if I only knew what that something was ...
  • What's the deal with sizes? Who's regulating that, anyway? Kirstie Alley? She's always a size 10, no matter what she weighs? It is ridiculous!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I will pray for your diet Coke standards to return to normal. . .I am actually SPOILED STINKIN' ROTTEN 'cause there is a Sonic literally a 1/4 of a mile from my school. It can take barely under four minutes for me to get in the car, get to Sonic (before 11:00 for .99 large), get my drug, and get back to school.

*S*P*O*I*L*E*D*

I will probably try to transfer to Arnold again at the end of this year. . .the nearest Sonic to them is about 3 miles away. . .what is a girl to do?????

Paula said...

I can relate to the DC addiction! Today we got a memo from our admin with random things to be reminded of, such as no cell phones during class (how rude!); don't leave the kids in the room alone (and when are we supposed to use the bathroom?); and many other random "don'ts". I was terrified it was going to say, "No Diet Cokes during class!" I should have known better, because half the staff would have quit on the spot!