Sunday

Missing Duchess




Duchess ran away yesterday afternoon. She LOVES to get out and go explore the neighborhood. We have gotten her to quit digging, but she can't resist an open gate! I won't lie and say it's like one of the kids is gone, but it's definitely like a member of the family. I have felt bad all weekend -- and have missed a waggy tail to greet me and be happy no matter how grouchy I am.

Well, I began this entry as a lament. In the middle of my writing the phone rang. Some nice lady out walking found Duchess. She has evidently been wandering the neighborhood. She's a hunter, not a homer, you know! Maybe we should teach her to hunt for our house! She's happy to be home, but seems pretty ticked that we didn't find her earlier.

5 comments:

janiners said...

she's a beautiful dog; i'm glad she didn't stay lost very long!

Anonymous said...

I am really, really glad she's back. Never thought of this before, but you might want to look into invisible fencing. I know some people who have it and it really seems to work well.

Tammy M. said...

Welcome Home Duchess!

Cathy Messecar said...

Sarah, I've been catching up on my favorite blogs, and, of course yours is one of them!

I'm hesitant to post after your linguistic report. Don't critique me, OK?

BTW, I think "hammy" downs is probably "big" clothing. In that context, I always say "No thank you" to "hammy" downs, even if my "shank portion" warrants the roomier size.

Give Duchess a scratch behind her ears for me...Cathy

LiteratureLover said...

I'm glad she's back too! It's hard to lose a dog.