Sunday

It's All About ME!!

I answered a recent questionaire about what personality trait I can't stand in other people by saying I can't stand it when people act as if they are the center of the universe. So, as is His way, the Lord handed me a mirror.

I'm a horrible counselor/ therapist. When people are discussing really difficult things, I REALLY don't know what to say. And, more than anything, I don't want them to feel uncomfortable or, worse, that I think they're awful for whatever it is they are confiding in me about. So I generally end up telling a story -- of course, about myself. It's my (very long-winded) way of saying, "yeah, I know what you mean. That has been a struggle for me, as well." But, of course, it shifts the conversation to me. I have been made painfully aware of this recently.

So, to anyone that I may have prayed with in the last few days, or anyone that may think that I consider myself the center of the universe, I apologize. And, to my cord of three -- please kick me under the table, or glare at me from across the prayer room when I start to do it again!

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I think you are wonderful! A blessing to many.

Roxanne said...

The first thought that crosses my mind when it comes to your counsel is NOT selfish. I'd pick straight forward if anything. And I thought I was the only one with a personal story that didn't apply. :) (I think I still have that card from you.) I bet yours are much shorter than mine, however, AND you don't frequently interrupt yourself with laughter at your own shenanigans.

So--work on your little corner of the universe and improve yourself as God calls us all to do, but take heart. You are a light unto many.

Love you--
R--

Anonymous said...

Is my email broken?