Saturday

The Chikins R Here! The Chikins R Here!


Glory be! The new Chick-Fil-A opened this week about half a mile from my house! Jee-hosaphat, you would think that Abilene had never seen a chicken sandwich. I say that, because the two times I went there on the 2nd day it opened were both crazy! :-)
I only ate there ONCE -- Riley and I were grocery shopping, and a Chick-Fil-A cow and some employees were in the grocery story parking lot handing out stuffed cows and coupons.

Never one to turn down a free sandwich, we settled on Chick-Fil-A for lunch. The power of suggestion. Then, on our date night, that turned into "do-a-puzzle-with-the-flu-dude-while-Troy-cleans-out-the-fish-tank" night, I picked up Chick-Fil-A for Troy. By Friday night, they had hired 2 police officers to direct traffic around the building. Just nutty.

I will confess that the opening of Chick-Fil-A is almost as exciting as when Jason's Deli opened here. Now if we could just get a Macaroni Grill. . . .

6 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Rob and I were on the Freeway last night driving home. I looked over to see the chik fil a and saw about 20 cars lined up to just get into the parking lot with the police directing traffic. This is very weird. It is not like Chick Fil A just moved into Abilene for goodness sakes, it has been in the mall for who knows how long. Maybe it is the coupons and people just can't wait to get their free chicken sandwiches.

Cary said...

You think that is crazy, wait until Krispy Kreme shows up.

Sarah said...

DO NOT even joke about Krispy Kreme coming to Abilene! And don't tell me, "You heard. . ." Yeah, we're supposed to have a Marshall's, too! When I'm sitting in Krispy Kreme eating a hot glazed I will believe it. Until then, don't get my hopes up!

Tammy M. said...

I think Jee Hosaphat is going to be my favorite new word. It makes me smile.

Roxanne said...

Tammy. . .if you add "Jumpin'" to "jehosaphat" you've got a REAL winner. . .

Sarah. . .I could care LESS about Krispy Kreme (I'm a Shipley gal) OR Jason't Deli. . .but I do dearly love Chik-Fil-A. Someone recently told me that they marinate their chicken in pickle juice to give it that distinctive flavor. Hmmmmm. . .

Anyway--I find that my free-standing Chik-Fil-A is much more convenient than one in a mall. The way you feel about Wal-Mart is the way I feel about malls--especially in Houston.

So congrats on the insanity--and happy eating--though just like Hobby Lobby, you'll have to wait until Monday if you get the hankerin' on Sunday.

R--

p.s. now that I'm logging in as a blogger, I always forget to type the word thing. . .it's lower on the screen so I forget, PLUS I feel I've done my identification duty by putting in all of my information. I may go back to being anonymous. . .

AbbieCRAZY said...

Kristy Kreme - whatever...
Macaroni Grill - Heaven!...