Thursday

Losing It

I am not a loser. Okay, I may be a loser by your definition (I haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, after all) but I don't generally lose things. Temporarily misplace? All the time. But if I'll sit and think about the last time I saw something instead of frantically opening and then slamming drawers and doors, I can generally think of where the item is. The last two weeks, however, I have lost SO many things it's ridiculous. Maybe it's because Riley had the flu, I was home and got out of a regular routine. I don't know, but a partial list of what I have lost:
  • sunglasses --lost twice, currently atop my head
  • mascara
  • nametag for work -- generally not a big deal, except for today when there is a fancy-schmancy press conference with a political official
  • index card notebook where I keep my scriptures (selected scriptures to memorize -- I keep ALL of my scriptures neatly bound in my Bible, and I currently know where that is)
  • Ashley's LTC registration form
  • Church contribution check -- go figure!

I do have to admit, that I don't think any of these are as bad as Denise, who evidently lost a shirt without knowing it.

Everyone say it with me: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some very bad news for you, 'cause I know how old you are and I know how old I am, and can therefore advise you with absolute certainty that it's going to get a LOT worse.

LiteratureLover said...

Girl! I KNOW what you mean. I feel your pain. ;) BTW - Could I put a link to you on my blog?

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

This is one of my worst flaws. I get so distracted and can't remember why I walked into a room or where I put the baby's sippy cup. I've even found the cordless phone in the refrigerator???? I'd like to blame it on old age, but unfortuately, I've always been this way.

Roxanne said...

Okay. . .somehow I missed this blog. HI-larious. This began with me when I got married. One evening I found the lunch meat in the pantry and the bread in the meat keeper of the fridge--where I'd left them the night before--resulting in no lunch for the next day. I had fussed at Tony not two seconds before for eating all the lunch meat.

I have driven away from my home while talking on my cordless phone.

Today I enlisted the help of the 24 6th graders in my room to find my lost keys. . .which Celeste Lane did in under 15 seconds. (That's what ya call workin' smarter not harder.)

What I love is that I can't keep up with my own stuff, but I've also become the keeper of all the stuff of all the other people in my house. And I quote, "Roxanne, where did YOU put the paper I left on the table. It's really important."

Alas. . .

R--