Saturday

What's a Gal to Do?

Okay, still completely hypothetically speaking, let's imagine that someone who exercises in some form or fashion 5-7 days a week gets injured. Injured bad. Let's just say this someone needs that exercise for brain-clearing purposes more than anything else. Now that it's been 4 days since any exercise -- other than using crutches to get into Target -- the acid of grouchiness is piling up in her brain. I think she should start with a bubble bath, then maybe a jog in the gym's pool. If that doesn't work she may have to hit the hard stuff -- Blue Bell. Anyone have any better ideas?

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

When Tamara broke her foot she found herself in the same predicament. She found the riding the bike was about the only form of exercise (cardio) that she could do. The pool was off limits I think because she had a cast on her foot. I think she also did alot of resistance, upper body, leg lift kind of stuff too. She had to get pretty creative. I have some old Richard Simmons tapes that might work for you in a sitting position. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sarey--you've always loved the water. . .so off to the pool with you. Then if you STILL want Blue Bell, I recommend one cone of either Dutch or Milk Chocolate. Dutch is a little more decadent.

R--

Anonymous said...

Okay, no need to fear, underdog is .... Oh, sorry, I was somewhere else for a minute. Really, I broke my leg playing softball at camp a few years ago. It was amazing what 3 weeks of crutches and 4 more weeks of lugging a cast and boot around can do for your body. I'd say use the crutches, pool, and machines for lifting weights. Increasing your upper body weights always works, too, and did my arms look good after the crutches. Allow yourself one pint of blue bell, though, doled out in prescriptive doses!
M.C.