Tuesday

New Friends, Old Friends

My head is overflowing with the awareness of the work of God in my life!

First and foremost, the SUN came out for about 2 hours today. I think that was the first time since last week! Glory -- and don't ever THINK about having me move to any place in the arctic circle where it's night for 22 hours a day. No, thank you!

Then, I had lunch with a new friend, Cathy. We spent about 2 hours talking about my dreams and ways God may use me for His kingdom in the future. Cathy had to go, I stayed at the same spot and a long-time friend, Steve, parked next to me and we talked for over an hour about the last few years of my life and the myriad of ways the Lord has walked with me and been faithful.

Both of my friends illustrated what I believe we are called to do as Christian community -- encourage one another (hey, isn't that in Hebrews somewhere?), dream with each other, testify to God's work in our lives.

My cup overflows with godly friends!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Speak of the devil. . .

R--

Anonymous said...

Hebrews 3:13 tells us to encourage one another daily. Also 1 Thes 5:11 tells us the same. And there are many other places where we are told to encourage others or we have the example of one Christian encouraging another. Praise God for those who are an encouragement to others,and I particularly thank God for those who encourage you since I'm too far away to do so, face-to-face, myself--Mom