Thursday

Observations on Life

Valentine's Inc.: Miss Cutie has purchased about 3 more Valentine's for Heart-throb. Heart-throb has only purchased one Valentine this week -- for Miss Cutie!! Look out, 4th Grade!
********************************************
Okay, hypothetically speaking of course, say you are walking down your own hall in your house and basically fall off of your foot, spraining your ankle horribly. Which story would you go with:
  • I was trying to get my 5k time under 15:00 -- in the last 250 yards, there was a pothole.
  • There was a truck with no brakes careening toward a little girl and her puppy. I pushed them to safety but hurt my ankle in the process.
  • I was showing the kids the perfect trampoline dismount.
  • Chuck Norris challenged me to a kick-boxing competition.

Please vote!

********************************************

Memo to gentleman in Lifeway this morning: She seemed really kind, but I don't think the cashier at a Christian book store is the best person to go to for relationship advice.

********************************************

Spend 48 hours hobbling around town on crutches. It will restore your faith in human kindness.

********************************************

Yesterday I had opportunity to use a movie quote that I think about a lot. From When Harry Met Sally, a movie I've seen a bajillion times. At the beginning of the movie, Harry has all sorts of philosophies about men and women and relationships -- none of them very positive. At one point, Sally turns to him and says, "Its amazing. You look like a normal person but actually you are the angel of death."

It's a quote for all occasions! And a half-dozen people that read this are going to think I'm referring to them. Cool, huh?

6 comments:

Anne said...

I just knew you could beat Chuck in that kickboxing competition. Really, I am sorry to hear of your fall. I hope you did not have to purchase crutches...we have an extra pair around here from my fall down the stairs this last summer...I mean, from when I fell out of a tree trying to rescue the cat! Ha!

Feel better soon :)

Tammy M. said...

I vote for saving the girl and her puppy. This was a conversation I had with Donna last night at church.
T - Sarah sprained her ankle.
D - Oh no! How did that happen?
T - The girl who runs, jams, rpms, pumps, sprained her ankle walking down the hallway in her house.
Sorry for your bum ankle. Am so glad that you are getting around a bit. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

I think all of the human kindness you've experienced over the last 48 hours is from you explaining the errant little girl/puppy story to passers by who seemed sympathetic toward your crutch plight.

It's the Billy Crystal humor again. . .even when it's being directed toward him. . .another GREAT quote from Sally, "I want what I want the way that I want it."

R--

Tammy M. said...

Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash.
But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie.

AbbieCRAZY said...

If we're quoting there's only one - "I'll have what she's having." You all knew that was coming and I couldn't disappoint!

Anonymous said...

I vote for something like, "You know the show Alias? Well, that's based on my life. I sprained my ankle after I kicked a ninja-star wielding terrorist in the face and saved the world from bad kick-boxing movies."