Thursday

"It's Time"

That phrase -- "It's time" -- can mean so many different things.

"It's time to all gather in the car to go to church."

"It's time to get me to the hospital to have this baby!"

"It's time for me to leave this party so that I can go to bed."

I was fairly kind to my injured foot for several days, but I grew weary and impatient of the way it was affecting my life. So I told my foot, "it's time". "It's time for you to be through being injured. It's time for you to start behaving like a healthy foot. It's time to start serving me the way I need you to serve me." My foot disagreed.

I thought of the way we do that to ourselves, and occasionally others, when we are emotionally injured. "It's time to quit grieving." "You have got to get past that horrible thing that happened to you." "It's time to move on." "It's time to act as if nothing happened."

I love that we are reminded again and again that the Lord's concept of time is not at all our concept of time. I guess when You were before time ever began and will be at the end of time, a few days of hobbling on crutches, or a few months of nursing a broken heart, or a few years of grieving a loss is not long at all.

Praying to have a 'Kingdom view' of time, and much patience until I do.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thank you so much for your comments on time, and our unrealistic and worldly expectations of it. A lot has been going on the last few days and especially nearing the end of this pregnancy, my ormones are gone wild. I needed to be reminded that I can "feel" on my own time table...

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Sarey--good blog--and a reminder that we need to count all time as precious--whether it's time we need, or time we wait, or time we sit still and let our foot heal and share our wisdoms with friends. . .