Tuesday

A Few Prayers...

In a little over an hour, Ashley and I will be leaving with 32 of our closest Jr. High friends and their parents to go do mission work in McAllen, Texas. It's about an 8-hour drive. We will spend the week doing service for the Las Milpas Church of Christ -- working on homes in the mornings (painting and roofing) and performing a Vacation Bible School in the afternoon.

If you are inclined to say a prayer, I would love for you to pray for all of us. Some specifics for our trip would be:
  • Safety in travels
  • Good health of all going
  • Kids and adults would be filled with Holy Spirit and show Jesus to the people we are serving.
  • Bonds would be formed among the group that travels together that would allow us to serve God more effectively upon our return
"My boys" are going to be here this week. Please also remember them in your prayers as Troy is still on crutches and Riley will pretty much be accompanying him to work most days. 

While I'm gone, I'll be posting some old blogs! 


3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Thinking of you. . .be safe. . .have fun.

Scott F said...

I spent many a high school mission trip working with the Las Milpas CoC near McAllen. Loved it!

Janice Garrison said...

All of you will be in my prayers!