Sunday

Good Things Out There

I thought this tip about clutter was very insightful -- and definitely stepped on my toes!

That Antique Mommy is at it again -- a must read for any golfers, parents, and it is especially for any golfer/ parents.

I mentioned getting back into running. I have heard about this organization that started when one young lady (she's 27, y'all!!!) noticed that her morning runs were taking her by people who weren't going anywhere -- in life or on the road. You can also see a brief video of her, Anne Mahlum here, and vote for her for hero of 2008 for CNN.

I haven't rounded up all the good things out there, but this weekend full of nothingness somehow threw me for a loop!

The BEST thing out there was two precious souls baptized this morning -- one had a very special meaning to me to see her daddy baptize her. Thank you, Lord, for my new sister and brother!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I read your blog all the time, the topic to motivate me to respond, golf. I love the analogy of golf and parenting, I’ve done some of both. The thing I love (or hate) about golf and parenting is that it can never be mastered. The perfect score in golf would be 18; the very best pros shoot for 59 and most amateurs try to break 100. I think the score relationship in parenting is about the same. I love the fact that in golf and parenting that a lot of little things add up to the ultimate score and WE define the success of those results. Sometimes I’m really proud of my 99 and most of the time I’m extremely proud of my daughters. I’m glad perfection is not required for success in golf or parenting.

Kelly Sessions said...

i've decided I like the Good Things Out There...except I would get so caught up in searching around for things....I'll just read yours! I did however find a really funny video I'll have to share with you when I get home to find it. Anyway, I wanted to say hello and I found 2 new songs you will like...i posted them!