Sunday

Good Things Out There

First, I have evidently failed as a friend. Because when I mentioned that I got my PRAY-shus shoes like so:
at Zappos.com, friend said, "Tell me about Zappos.com...?" (*audible gasp*) "you don't know Zappos.com?" Okay, as I type this, I realize that said friend is able to buy shoes at Target which, sadly, we have already established that I cannot. However, Zappos is great for what I used them for earlier this summer. I was headed to Poppa Max's party and had bought myself a new skirt and, obviously, needed some new shoes, as well. I searched high and low in our (ahem) shopping metropolis of a city. I found the pair above, but not in my size, of course. This is the weekend before the shin-dig. So, Monday morning, I go to Zappos.com and find my shoes, but I still wasn't positive what size I would need. So I order two. Because, drumroll please, Zappos.com has FREE SHIPPING BOTH WAYS. And, and, AND -- free OVERNIGHT shipping. So, Tuesday afternoon I am trying on my darlin' little (okay, ginormous) shoes and had the perfect pair. Zappos.com. It's a good thing.

P.S. No, they are not cheap. They are AWESOME service and selection, but they are not cheap. Reasonable, but not cheap.

If you've ever poked around on Rob and Jana's blog, you know they are doing much that is right in the way of parenting. But if you need further proof, check this out. Wish Luke would come pray over me! And, on a personal note, Rob, I would have put you 2nd only to Troy as "Least Likely to Return to School" as someone that I don't remember as particularly serious about your studies in the first place. It's amazing what time can do for all of us, isn't it -- AND, that said, I'm sure you'll do great!

I found this from Good Housekeeping.com -- What's for Dinner blog! I always need good ideas and this looks like a pretty good place to start!


Donna nailed it. This is my all-time favorite back-to-school commercial. Even as a teacher, I still feel this way, "They're going back!!!":

2 comments:

Rob said...

Sarah - thanks for the compliment. I must add 3 things to your observations.

First, Jana deserves much of the credit for the nurture that goes on in our family. She is a wonderful mother.
Second, that having been said, we are both keenly aware of how God uses frail, fragile, and just out-and-out broken things to do great things. We are both, in our own ways, proof of that.
Which leads to three, although I would have put myself in the "You mean HE went back to school???" category during the time you were around, somehow I have managed to go back for a couple of degrees and have done fairly well. God uses some strange vessels and for that, I am very grateful!

As for the shoes, I am assuming they are darling, but I've got to be honest, the words get blurry and I start skimming on those posts...

Roxanne said...

Sarah. . .

It did my heart good to see a picture of a pair of shoes that so totally scream "SARAH" at the top of their little shoe lungs. Absolutely you, you, YOU!!! When I first saw the photo I thought, "Oh no. . .do NOT tell me she found more that won't fit, because THOSE shoes belong on her feet no doubt."