Thursday

Take Two

So, I had rallied my end-of-teaching-day strength and energy and I had some semblance of coherent thought and possibly even wittiness in a blog post and my explorer freaked out and shut down and why isn't the 'auto save' deal working on fancy-schmancy blogger anymore anyway?

While exploring my lost post, I did discover that I have 584 posts. That is ridiculous. I can't believe you people are still here.

I leave you with this: Riley is coming home with a new Texas fun fact every day now from music class. Evidently he is learning more than just "Texas, Our Texas" (you are SERIOUSLY missing out on a slice of Americana if you bypass that link). Today it was: 'Texas' has been in more movie titles than all 49 other states combined. Funny? The only one I can think of involves Dolly Parton and a brothel. What about you? Movies with Texas in the title?

8 comments:

Anne said...

You should let Nathaniel hook you up with Firefox...you'll love it :)

Terral said...

I remember the prize winning movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Actually, I don't remember any of it because I probably had my eyes shut and my hands over my ears the whole time.

Anonymous said...

Why are only naughty (alliteration) words coming to mind when I try to think of movie titles including the name Texas?

Time to close the lid on this thing and go to bed.

:)

David and Whitney Scott said...

Here you go...Maybe Riley can get some extra credit work for this info.

http://imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=texas

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow...I'm a big Texasophile, and I can't think of one movie with Texas in the title...other than, as Terral said, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the aforementioned Dolly Parton movie! :)

Tammy M. said...

1. Texas (2005)
2. Texas (1941)
3. "Texas" (1980)
4. Texas (1994) (TV)
5. Texas (2002)
6. Texas 46 (2002)
aka "Texas" - Italy (working title)
7. Prezzo del potere, Il (1969)
aka "Texas" - UK, France
8. The Texas Rangers Ride Again (1940)
aka "Texas!" - USA (working title)
9. Teksas, ang manok na nagsasalita (1952)
aka "Texas" - Philippines (English title)
10. Texas (1922)
11. Texas (1977)

I love that France, Italy and the Philippines have movies with Texas as the title.

I looked this up, didn't know any of this off the top of my head.

AbbieCRAZY said...

How about "Texasville?" Classic, Larry McMurtry about the oil boom time.

What about the Texas mom that killed another cheerleader so her daughter could be a cheerleader? "Texas Cheerleader Mom Murder," maybe?

Anonymous said...

Your blog appeals to a much younger generation, so no one but me could be expected to remember "From Hell to Texas" which rolled into theaters when I was a lad.
Come to think of it, that title could apply to a movie involving driving the interstate from our house to yours.