Friday

Put Your Thinking Caps On

We've all heard -- way too often -- I SO love words!!! I do, I really love words. See? I've said the same thing and already used, like, 40-'leven words! In spite of, or because of, my love of words, I absolutely cannot caption something cleverly. Mainly b/c it requires brevity, and I am not equipped for brevity. The editor of Abilene Families asked me to write a VERY brief -- like 5 or 6 sentences -- write-up about something. It took me 10 sentences and used 200 words. I failed miserably at the "VERY brief" portion of my assignment!

So, those of you that can be brief and clever and funny, go help the fellas caption some funny photos.

Val frequently has funny pics to caption on his blog. Give this picture a caption.

Troy has posted a freak of nature that needs a caption. Riley and I came up with one, but, typical of 9-year-old humor, it's fairly potty-related. I'm sure you can do better.

I wish when all of my thousands of words strung together, they spoke as eloquently as this post. Seriously, you need to read it.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wordpress has a word counter on their blog writing page. . .I think they did it for MY benefit. I don't do brevity either.

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I have just bookmarked that holyexperience post about expectations. So I can go back and read it again, and again.

We have had discussions about expectations. It's true - humility is rewarded with eyes that see the grace in everything.

Jana said...

Sarah:
Where do you find these great blogs?
Thanks for sharing the link. Anyone who quotes Buechner, C.S.Lewis, and Henri Nouwen in the same post gets a big "amen" from me.

Expectations. Never has one word led to so many questions and disappointments. Especially when those expectations are linked to the quality and quantity of any given life. Lord, save me from myself and all my many expectations.

Thanks again, Sarah. You don't know how much you have encouraged me.

Jana Anderson