Sunday

Dueling Zingers

Riley and I love puzzles. Ashley and Troy tolerate our card table full of puzzle and pieces. Lately Riley and I have been pouring over puzzles which gives us time to crack each other up.

Recently, he was eating an apple while working on the puzzle (ignore that if you have a "no food while puzzling" policy).

I said, "Ummm, Riley, your apple smells good."

Without missing a beat, he said, "Don't sweat it. There's better apples out there, Mom."

So I cracked HIM up when he was trying to explain to me why Ashley was being so vocal about the computer game she was playing. It's some kind of M&M's math game where you answer math problems going through the M&M's factory, I don't know.

He looked at the screen and said, "Well, she's at a checkpoint."

S -- "What's a checkpoint?"

R -- "It's where you go when you die."

S -- "So... it's like heaven for M&M's?"

R -- "Yeah, (laughing)... good one, Mom."

I got a "good one, Mom"!!!! One for mom!

3 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

Lol!! Go Mom--you can really pull a punch line. ;)

Anonymous said...

And did you both then sing a resounding chorus of "Zingedy Doo-Dah, Zingedy-A. My oh my, what a repartee day. . ."

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is me. . .I just hit the wrong thingy. . .