Saturday

Busy Saturday

There's much I would like to write about that was running through my head at 4 a.m., but my time constraints just have me "touching blog base" today (let's all conjure a mental image of what 'touching blog base' would be! :-)

We are headed to a family reunion where I will very vaguely know about 4 people, the kids know no one, I will haul a ton of food there, and a good time will be had by all. I've already warned the kids not to ask me how soon we can leave -- we will be there most of the day and just get over it. This is a reunion that is (obviously) Troy's side of the family that he and I haven't been to since we were married 12+ years ago. Reunions have never been a big deal for my family -- partly b/c our family is fairly small on my dad's side, and most of my mom's family lived within "spittin' distance" (and that's just how you would say it there, too!)

I do think it's important to reconnect with those who have touched the lives of people who touched your life. I'm sure I'll have more to write about on my return. For now, I must go squeeze in some exercise, then make a huge batch of Southwestern Chicken Spaghetti to haul to Brownwood!

No comments: