Monday

Happy Monday!

Well, it's late this evening. A drizzly, gray day that hints that fall may be coming, but leaning towards muggy! And, by the way, you guys are hilarious, disgusting, and creative. If you haven't checked out the comments about the pig ears -- just ew. I love Jana's comment -- if I could stomach it, I would run a "Fear Factor" blog once a month. But I just can't.

Just returned from Riley's 5th grade program -- his last in elementary school. Check facebook for pics eventually. (What??? You're not ON facebook??? C'mon... all the soccer moms are doin' it these days....! Yet another bandwagon I want to get off because it became a bandwagon!) The kid, as funny as he is, just becomes a nervous wreck to get in front of people. So funny. It was a somewhat 'History of Music' -type line-up. Riley was very impressed that I knew most of the music -- actually, my dad would have known most of the music. It was oldies classic -- except for The GoGo's "We Got the Beat". Oh, yes, they did. Oh, and of course, the finale was a Hannah Montana number. Whatev. Denise, there was one from 'Hairspray' (someone tell Denise, she doesn't read blogs anymore).

We're having some irritants around our house lately. Just life things. One thing and another. Oh, and then there's always our retirement portfolio to cheer us up (cue maniacal laughter...) We're in a season of blech. God has brought me tremendous peace and joy in this season of blech, but it's a season of blech nonetheless. Today, I was reminded, yet again, that I am a PRINCESS!! I am a princess, and I have a delightful inheritance!! Oh, I do indeed. That comes from my time with Beth Moore in Psalm 16:6, but our delightful inheritances is detailed even more in Isaiah 61:

Instead of their shame
my people will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
they will rejoice in their inheritance;
and so they will inherit a double portion in their land,
and everlasting joy will be theirs. Isaiah 61:7

I deserve the shame. I have earned disgrace. But because I am a PRINCESS, I have received a double portion. I have received a "delightful inheritance". A double portion!! And everlasting joy will be mine.

Season of blech, bring it! I have been given a delightful inheritance, a double portion, and everlasting joy will be mine. Just try to top that!

2 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

look at me - I'm reading..... Season of Blech - Yeah, I'm there, too. I could use a little Hairspray in my life right now.

Katherine said...

Amen, sista!!

Thanks for the reminder :)