Saturday

Observation

I like to live in my own world where there are rainbows, lollipops, unicorns, and pink confetti most of the time. It's a very happy place and you are always welcome to visit, as long as you wipe your feet of ha-rumphing and huffling about that other world out there. For my birthday, Roxanne sent me a cake (virtually, of course) that is a grand illustration of my world. So, it was a rude awakening and shock to realize that the package of pig's ears I bought for my puppy to gnaw on were the actual ears of pigs (seriously, I have to swallow hard to keep breakfast down as I type that).

My husband finds it very funny that I would purchase a package with the label "Pig's Ears", then be surprised to find that they contain actual ears of pigs. In my happy world, 'Pig's Ears' contain rawhide (synthetic, of course) pieces in the shape of the ear of a pig.

Ew. No more of those in this house...

8 comments:

Donna Ware said...

Double "EW!" I am with you Sarah. I would have thought they were shaped like pigs ears or something like that. Not really made of pigs ears. We are having pork chops for lunch tomorrow. I think I'll have cereal.

Anonymous said...

Poor little piggies.

JD said...

This little piggy went to the market, This little piggy stayed home, this little piggy screamed OUCH OUCH OUCH (though he couldn't hear himself) all the way home.

Macabre, I know...but... it's cracking me up!

Roxanne said...

I grew up on a farm with dogs who ate all manner of things, and that disgusts even me. Yickadoo.

Jana said...

Sarah:
Grace's babysitter has a dog who was chewing and crunching on a pig's ear. He was making this really icky crackly sound as he bit and chewed, and then he would periodically seem to get choked. I picked up said ear, thinking it was some kind of plastic thing, UNTIL I SAW THE VEINS.

Complete and total gross.

Grace's babysitter then told me something even worse. Her father-in-law has enjoys a favorite grocery store delicacy--pickled pig EYEBALLS. I'm not kidding.

You are so welcome for my blog version of Fear Factor.

Jana A.

Tammy M. said...

Pigs ears are so healthy for dogs. Pure protein. O.k. that is what someone told me, so I bought pigs ears for my dog a couple of years ago, I did know they were real pigs ears because I had the lowdown before I bought them. Gave one to my dog and my queasy stomach could NOT handle it, threw the rest of the bag away.

JD I love your rhyme.

Merci said...

You guys are hilarious! Pigs ears are nothing compared to chicken feet. Yep, they're real too.

Here's a link to a picture of the bag I won on through a message board. Dog LOOOVED them.

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/pics/pics_on_site/chicken_feet.jpg

Merci said...

It cut off the rest of my site address: Here it is in two pieces - cut & paste together to get the right address for the site ...

http://www.northcoastmarines.com/pics/

pics_on_site/chicken_feet.jpg