Monday

Clarification

Some of you (precious few, I'm sure) have gone to my Abilene Families link to try to find my article. I linked there to show you the magazine, but, alas, my article is not there. However, if you are a blog-reader, you have read all that I had in Abilene Families. I offered to really write something, but they said, "No, thanks -- we'll just rip it off of your blog!" Not a bad gig, huh? So they posted "At Least He Has the System Figured Out. . . " and "Beat the Heat".

Next month I will have some actual writing AND be featured with a very special writer, as well. But that's all I'm going to say until then.

We took Ashley to church camp for the first time ever yesterday. She was so excited! Ashley is my "go-er" and "do-er" so she was really excited about all that there is to do at camp. I know, too, that church camp is a precious memory in many people's memory (not mine) and I pray that it will be for her, as well. The funniest part about the whole thing is that my Ashley, who can insult someone no more than to describe them as "girly-girl" is in a cabin led by some precious little high school girly-girls (one of whom wears 3 threads as a swimsuit at the Swim Club where we go, so here's hoping that doesn't rub off). Their cabin has dubbed themselves "The Cotton Candy Cuties". Not getting a life-size picture of that for Ashley. But she will play along.

Did you go to church camp growing up? What do you remember most about it?

4 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I hope Ashley has a great time. When we dropped Derek off at Learning to Lead yesterday he was on cloud nine. Praying for our sweet kids.

Roxanne said...

Camp. . .ahh. . .lots of heat, lots of pine needles, lots of fun. I have a picture of you at my Sr. year final program at camp in your white graduation dress talking to Howard Karbo. :)

Camp, as I got older, was a great place to explore the Bible--to have other adults teach me what they knew. It was also my first "job" (Jr. Counselor and Maintenance Maid). The memories are wonderful.

I love you.

AbbieCRAZY said...

Ashley as a "cotton candy cutie" - I love it!! I can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

What I remember most about Camp Red Oak Springs in Newton, TX is sneaking out of my cabin with one of the male counselors to make out by the creek only to be literally sniffed out by the caretaker's bloodhound.