Saturday

Grandad Will Be Proud

My father has always been interested in anything with wheels. Cars, motorcycles, airplanes, you name it, he loves it. I remember as a junior high girl holding intelligent conversations with my youth minister, who also owned a body shop, about the pros and cons of the (then) Datsun 280ZX compared to the Mazda RX-7. A junior high girl only knows these things from living in a home with Mike Riley. I have a nephew who seems to be just as fascinated with gears and wheels as his grandad, but neither of my kids has seemed to care one way or the other. UNTIL. . . on our trip in Colorado Riley went out to the car to get the camera while Troy and I were doing a little shopping. Evidently a car caught his eye, because we ended up with all of these pictures on our camera:

The love of shiny cars must be built into little boys (at least in my family) the way the love of shiny jewelry is built into the little girls!

7 comments:

Tammy M. said...

That is funny. I guess we could find out to whom the car belongs with some investigative work and then you could email him your pics.

Anonymous said...

Grandad was already pretty proud of his Abilene grandkids, but as a former Porsche owner I LOVE IT that he used his photographic skills to such good use!

Your getting in a link to my professional website wasn't so shabby, either.

Sarah said...

You know, I had not thought about the "privacy issue" with his/her license plates. So, dear Porsche owner that got forwarded to my blog so that you could sue me -- if I knew how to blur out the numbers of your license plate I would and please know that this is only posted here because an 8 year old greatly admired your vehicle.

AbbieCRAZY said...

I love that shot of the insignia - that looks some kind of slick advertising!

AbbieCRAZY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxanne said...

Reminds me of what Kevin did to the hood of the CRX. . .it's definitely written on the DNA. . .

R--

heartsjoy said...

Beauty in the eye of the beholder...:) cute. Just stopped by to say hi.