Thursday

State of the Sarah and "I Believe in You!"



Thank you to all of you for your affirmations -- or commiserating, perhaps -- as I wallowed in the pit of identity crisis last week. And am there still, to some degree, I suppose.

Some things I have considered in the last week -- especially in light of the comments from that post:


*Having a job would not make my life/ boundaries any more defined. 
As a matter of fact, it would probably make them less so. I hereby confess to a "the grass is greener when you get a paycheck" mindset.


*I have discounted the impact a move makes on our life boundaries.
Something made me remember that 10 years ago when we moved to Abilene, I polled about 50-60 people that I knew from Central Texas. I just asked for them to send me three words that described me. At the time, I thought it was, "My baby is starting kinder, I can do whatever I want, I just moved, whatever shall I do" angst. But my hindsight 20/20 tells me here that the move had a big impact on that disconnected feeling.


So this week amongst the cast trips (oh, stars, if you aren't a FB friend -- nothing major: football, 13 year old boy, wrist, ER, splint, got wet, another splint, finally a cast... just bless) and other life and goings on, God blessed me immensely through the words of a friend.


This friend is barely keeping her own head above water with her life/ job/ family, so I don't think she stops by the ol' blog very often. I doubt she had seen the post from last week. Even if she had, blessing nonetheless.

We had an email exchange about some business-y-type stuff. I asked her how her very busy life was going, she filled me in on some stuff, and concluded by saying: 


"I believe in you and the call on your life."

Are those some awesome words?

"I believe in you."

I hope you have someone in your life that speaks blessings and affirmations over you.
I hope you have someone in your life that believes in the call on your life -- and helps you discover then cultivate yours.

 "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."Proverbs 25:11

Do you have someone in your life that has recently affirmed and/or blessed you? Have you recently blessed and/or affirmed the call on someone else's life? Would love to hear about it.
 

No comments: