Saturday

Top Ten Things I LOVE about Living in a Hotel

10. Confusing my friends with caller I.D.

9. No need to give directions to pizza delivery guy.

8. Living here fits very nicely into my "happy place" which includes denial of what my home currently looks like.

7. The look on people's faces when I tell them where I'm currently living:
(Did she leave her husband? Have they been evicted? Did they lose their home?)

6. Afternoon swims

5. Happy Hour!

4. Maid service!

3. Cleaning the kitchen means throwing away the pizza box and paper plates.

2. Hot breakfasts! (that I don't touch, cook, or clean)

And the Number One Thing I LOVE about living in a hotel:

1. INDOOR PLUMBING -- and no trough down the middle of the floor!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how your priorities get reordered after a disaster?

AbbieCRAZY said...

It did make me laugh that the plumbing guy had to come to your HOTEL room to unclog your sink. That is a little frightening....

Anonymous said...

Happy Hour?? I'd never thunk-it!

Roxanne said...

Okay. . .no way. . .I'd not heard about the guy having to unclog the hotel sink. Seriously? I just think the Troy branch of Stirmans are not capable of sustaining working plumbing. Should be have a ceremony to remove the curse?

Tammy M. said...

My kids are ready to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Those are good things indeed. I've stayed in some hotels in Europe though that have the trough thing. :)