Wednesday

Photographic Evidence

My kitchen sink area and floor Wednesday morning:
The kitchen sink is in my garage, and here is the floor area by Wednesday afternoon:
Lovely, no? (for reference, those are 18" tiles -- the picture shows 6 of them torn up, and I'm standing at the 7th one to take the pic)
Seeing these pictures makes me realize that I have no idea where my cabinet doors are. Just a minute, let me look around... no, they are not in my happy place, which is where I have to stay right now. There are no questions and no answers in my happy place -- how much more do they have to dig up? how long will this take? you're sure State Farm will cover all of this? None of those are in my happy place, so I can't help you. My refrigerator is in front of my french doors and there is plywood over the trough. That is what I know -- OH, and I know that I made a grand pioneer woman and hauled water so I could cook and clean for a week with no drainage, but now I have no water and no sink to hold my "wash basins". So, I'm done and we shall be eating out until I have a sink again. That information is in my happy place. I think also in my happy place I am going to take children to breakfast this morning since there is one of those big, state-wide exams and they need a decent breakfast -- and there isn't one at this house! Come join me in my happy place!

5 comments:

Tammy M. said...

WOWSA! Stay in that happy place.

Anonymous said...

The "good" news is, these workers respect boundaries and are very respectful of our home. Oh yes, they are also very polite- which is a new trait not previously discovered in tradesmen who've entered our domain in the past.

To our Abilene brethren, I highly recommend Flournoy Plumbing. If you have had any trouble with them in the past, know that they are under new ownership and I've already met the new owner- Steve. Heck of a guy!

Anonymous said...

"Seeing these pictures makes me realize that I have no idea where my
cabinet doors are. Just a minute, let me look around... no, they are not
in my happy place, which is where I have to stay right now."

If there had been any diet Coke in my mouth, it would have come out of
my nose.

HILARIOUS. . .nearly as hilarious as picturing you hauling water to fix
a meal. I say YEA for the happy place and eating out. :)

-- Roxanne

AbbieCRAZY said...

Will the car be a happy place tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Oh, golly Molly, Sarah. . .that's a mess.

But I am quite impressed with the exacting detail they have taken to not mar any of the other tiles on either side of the trough. Those are some precision plumbers you've got there.