Thursday

Like a Good Neighbor...

Yeah, I heard you... you, over there in Pennsylvania -- I heard you laugh when I said my husband was on the phone with State Farm. I heard you tell your friend what a moron I am for paying THAT much for homeowner's insurance. Well, let me give you some fuel for your laughter: State Farm has not only my homeowner's insurance, but my auto (both) and my husband's life (yes, I have life, and some of it is SF and some is someone else cheap -- b/c a death certificate is non-debateable: dead is dead. No exclusions of coverage) 'Cause here's the deal -- while I could have saved a few bucks over the years on my insurance, State Farm has paid me back and paid me back so many times over -- flood and car damage -- done! Now that my house has shifted, thus crushing a pipe under my kitchen, State Farm is once again saying, "You're covered!" Yeah, I could save a few bucks on insurance, but will they be there when I need them?

'Cause like a good neighbor... State Farm is there.

This is just to be written record/ reminder for the next time we have a "budget meeting" at the house and Troy wants to talk about saving $13/ month. He'll just have to pack his lunch a few more times if he wants to save $13/ month!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ashley did a great job on the news last night!!

Donna said...

You are so right! We have SF, too. I actually worked for them before children and wouldn't feel right with anyone else.
I'm glad things are working out with the house repair.

Donna

AbbieCRAZY said...

WooHoo! Good for yall! Of course, just because Jim had had State Farm for years and we had had SF ever siince we we married - they wouldn't write a homeowner's policy when we moved to TX. Something about black mold.

DE-LURK Pennslyvannia! We wanna know who you are!!

Roxanne said...

What did Ashley do on the news?????

We, too, have State Farm. . .home, life, auto. I've had the same agent (with the same assistant who REALLY does the work) since I moved to Houston in 1991.

We like them. They ALWAYS take care of us. . .

Jessica said...

When we moved out to the boonies I was sooooo sad because I wanted State Farm... unfortunately no state farm for a manufactured home... anyway, they still cover our cars and I have no complaints! (And with the discount you get for the multiple policies it really wouldn't save that much money!)