Wednesday

No, Seriously!

Have you ever gone about your day just fine until someone asks you, "Do you feel all right?" with a VERY concerned look on their face? Well, I thought I was all right. Yes, yes, I think I must be fine. But you wonder... do I look sick? Then if ANOTHER person asks you -- well, you just may as well go home and go to bed because you are definitely sick at that point, if only because your brain has convinced yourself that you are ill.

I thought I was fine and happy and wonderful today, but I keep getting these "this encouraging message made me think of you" emails. Which, don't get me wrong, I love to be encouraged, but they seemed to be aimed at the soul unable to tread another step without a little encouragement. Well, I thought I was fine and happy and wonderful...

Perhaps the brevity of my "plumbing issue" post caused folks to think that I was in my flannel jammies sobbing over pipes. I may have been in my flannel jammies, but I haven't sobbed and I really don't plan to. The brevity of the post comes from it being 16 hours after I had picked my head up off of the pillow, but anytime you can say, "We have to go out to eat" AND you're entitled to pay for it with your emergency fund because, truly, it could classify as an emergency-- it's not an entirely bad situation!

As my little friend Allie told me, "It's all good in the 'hood!" Now, I'm not sure my little slice of suburbia would be considered "the 'hood", but it's definitely good. Yes, there are plans to jackhammer parts of my home, but it's not my (or anyone else's) head, heart, or even big toe, for pity's sake. And, as my friend Donna Leavelle says, "If you've got problems that money can solve, then you don't really have problems." Every day of my life convinces me of that again and again. And, fabulously enough, the Lord has provided so many things in this part of our lives, shame on me if I miss all of the blessings before me for the few inconveniences.

So, um, thanks for all of the encouragement, I think. But, really, I think I'm fine -- unless you know something I don't!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

I just love it when I hear from the CLUELESS 6th graders, "You don't look so good, Mrs. Langley."

That's a true sign.

I thought you looked FAB-U-LOUS on Saturday. . .

Jessica said...

um, perhaps it was the lack of posting!

Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it, you do look a little . . . . .

Diane Viere said...

"It's all good in the hood!" That's great!

You just have caring and compassionate friends...who are concerned for your well-being after tackling the plumbing issue! After all....lessor women than yourself have never been heard of after such an event!

Diane

Tammy M. said...

When the sun is shining Sarah you can deal with most craziness.