Sunday

Hollywood Tape!

Gals, here is what I have learned: we all NEED this stuff:

While my cleavage for the big event looked nothing like this lady's, I did hunt down and employ some Hollywood tape to avoid too much "gappage" up top. And, looking around, there were plenty of women who could have stood to hear all about Hollywood tape for various and sundry other reasons, as well. The best use for me was MY SHOES!! I had some really fancy-schmancy strappy shoes that were so cute and strappy that at any given moment one strap or all would just fall off of my foot causing me to walk right out of my shoe. So I stuck some tape to my foot and kept my shoes on all night!

I was afraid, of course, that after I peeled my dress and my shoes off of myself and tried to get the tape off, I would be left with some terribly attractive sticky residue that would collect lint for the next week -- not at all! Hollywood tape is the way to go!

If my job required me to be involved in other people's events and/or weddings at all, I would keep a package of this stuff in my purse at all times and completely be the hero to save the day. I'm just sayin'.

For those that have wondered: the deal was great and one of the most fun one of those Troy and I have gone to in the 5 years we've been doing this. I probably didn't see your mother/uncle/ cousin/ friend from church -- there were so many stinkin' people there I saw very few people there that I know were there! I was competely over-dressed for the occasion -- black-tie optional evidently means the men need to be miserable, but the ladies can wear their work pants with a cute top -- but I don't care, it was so fun. Amy Grant was incredibly gracious as an entertainer and shared the stage with 4 year old Rivers who absolutely stole the show. Troy and I got to sit at a table with some people our age and younger -- and that NEVER happens. All in all, it was great!

More later on the rest of the trip and coming soon: the evils of the "faux pillow-top mattress" in hotels! Deliver me!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I have some of this tape and it truly is wonderful (although I personally don't use the stuff anywhere near my cleavage for obvious reasons).

I'm so glad to hear your weekend was so great!

Roxanne said...

Have never heard of Hollywood tape. . .can it be used on a daily basis? I'm figuring that I would need a case or two.

So glad you had fun and enjoyed Amy Grant. . .

And faux pillow top mattress or no, you had your flannel, you had your man, you had your fun. . .and you looked great and strappy and sexy and red and well-taped to boot.

Anonymous said...

Correction: you were definitely NOT over-dressed for a black-tie-optional affair. The twits in their workpants were just displaying their ignorance of proper ettiquette.

Actually, in this day of mouth-breathers wearing their John Deere caps backwards at the table, I appreciate your striking a blow for class.

Roxanne said...

Okay, Mike. . .that made me laugh. . .mouth breathers?

And how can a Riley every be ANYTHING but classy at such an event???? PUH_LEEZ. I told Sarah that dress was MADE FOR HER. . .and I'm sure you agree it could have been made for Mignon as well.

Katie said...

I was an eye-witness of this event, so i can say that you were NOT over-dressed! You were beautiful, and there were plenty of sparkly, dressy people there. Matt got an email from the events office saying that the dress was "business casual" (surely a mistake)... so I think that's what explains the diversity in clothes. We opted for somewhere in between casual and black-tie... we also had a lot of fun! :)