Thursday

The Perfect Valentine

You may remember that last year, as I started down this teaching road again, I had a moment that I was very humbled that the Lord had led me to this job. I confess my thoughts don't roll that way very often. My thoughts these days are more of a checklist of what needs to be done and making it through one task to get to another. So Valentine's day has pretty much only been one of those things to do. Just another something to buy and get ready for. But one of the beautiful souls that I teach with sent our grade level this email today, subject line: "The Perfect Valentine", that brought it all back into perspective:

This morning I feel reminded of what a loving God we serve, and how much we all
need Him.

A student came in this morning to tell me that her dad
came up to her this morning and gave her “live” roses and kissed her upon the
head and said “I love you”.
Then he threw roses at her mom and called her a
bad word.

I had to fight back tears as I heard the
story. Oh how we all need Jesus, but it reminded me how much HE loves us
all too. It also reminded me how important it is that I share HIM with
others.

Happy Valentines Day,

(she signed her name and
included this verse:)


And we know and believe the love God cherishes
for us. God is love, and he who dwells and continues in love dwells and
continues in God, and God dwells and continues in him. 1 John 4:16



Again, I am humbled and reminded of the precious souls entrusted to me on a daily basis. I am thankful for the campus where I work where godly women call me to a higher level of teaching and love by their words and actions. And, most of all, I am forever thankful for Jesus, our perfect Valentine, who gave all He had to win our hearts for eternity. Because of Him, we can go on one more day, loving one more soul.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Thank you for sharing, for encouring, and for challenging me. I am thankful for you! We are blessed, and we do have such a special job!

AbbieCRAZY said...

That breaks my heart into tiny pieces.

Tammy M. said...

May God have special blessings in store for that child along with many other children.