Tuesday

Further Enlightened

Another google search that has landed someone here in the past was: "it's Friday but Sunday's coming is this a true statement". I can't figure this one out. What would NOT be true about "it's Friday but Sunday's coming?" Is it a breakdown in English language perhaps? I don't get it...

Another valuable jewel that came out of the parenting class on Sunday was this quote (that they attributed to a local counselor): "All negative emotion stems from unfulfilled expectations." They used it in the light of parenting to make your expectations for your children -- especially through the tumultuous teen years -- very clear to your children. But I thought of it this afternoon -- when I almost lost complete control. I realized it was because I had expected to be home in a bubble bath at 5 p.m. today. Instead I was standing in line at Walgreen's to have them tell me that they are completely out of the medicine needed for my ailing husband, and a Walgreen's half-way to Zimbabwe could have it for me somewhere after my expected bath time.

That one is a keeper: All negative emotion stems from unfulfilled expectations. Indeed.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

BUT with your "fancy phone" (do you get the reference?), you could take photos ALL the way to Zimbabwe AND back should you so choose.

Hope you got the meds AND the bath.

Jessica said...

Wow! I like that quote. Oh, and I think that phrase is in a country song...

Anonymous said...

I don't buy it.

I think negative emotion is the result of a temporary deficiency in understanding and love and patience. Not because the world is out to cause aggravation by not meeting expectations.

But maybe that is the hippie in me talking :)

Hope you get your bath, even if it's later than you expected. And I hope your ailing mister feels better soon too.