Saturday

Calendar Fun

Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my little friends. She's turning 10, but I so vividly remember when she was in kindergarten. I asked her when her birthday was and then realized I had totally stumped her. She thought for a long while and finally said, "Ummmmmmmmm, it's Febwoo-ehwe thuhty-thud." Yes, that's February 33rd. I had to ask her mom if her birthday was February 3rd or March 5th! :-)

Thursday afternoon one of my guys asked me if he could help me update the date listed on the white board: "Can I erase the thirty-oneth and make it the thirty-twoth?" I was too tired to correct any of that sentence, so I just said, "No, thank you."

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Well, I have enjoyed my January
33rd immensely.

Laura said...

The thirty-twoth... heehehehehehee.

Jessica said...

Any leap-year birthdays in your class??? I happen to be one and have only two others in my life!