Sunday

Miscellaneous

Sitemeter tells me not too many folks peruse the ol' blog during the Christmas holidays. Maybe it's because the ol' gal doesn't update the blog too much during the Christmas holidays.

I had grand plans of putting away Christmas this afternoon. I got an iphone instead. I've been playing with it all afternoon. Love it, love it, love it.

Blog family, meet jd (commenter from last post): jd will be the preacher at the church where my parents worship in Louisiana. Denise, he's a 'LOST' fan. And, oh my stars, he THINKS about it. Yikes! You have got to check out some of his latest posts about 'LOST'! Way cool.

I wanted to post this song weeks ago when I first heard it, but I knew it would cause my dad to leap from his chair and go purchase the CD. Since I had already leapt from my chair to buy the CD for my dad, I had to wait to post this! This is the type of music that someone who shall not be named said, "I can't stand that cr*p." So, if you remember making that statement, you may not want to play this. But, oh. my. stars. These lyrics make me weep and hit my knees. I'm not crazy about the solo, but it's mercifully only 2 lines long.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the welcome!

Great song. All I can think about when I watch them, though, is how envious I am of Guy Penrod's hair. It is close to covetousness.

AbbieCRAZY said...

I made it half-way through. I loved the music.....

Troy M. Stirman said...

All I can say is, if this is considered cr*p, may my church be full-to-heaping in 2008. This is wonderful, though I think it would have been better if Bill hadn't been in the mix. His voice fails to match these other, prime voices and one reason I cringe when he has the solo.

May GVB find a true-blood Bass like Tony G. to fill this rather large gap in the harmonies.

May SHCC find some music and talent like this in 2008...what a worship that would be!

-TMS

Anonymous said...

SHCCPTMember

I LOVE this Song!! There's actually a better video of the same song out there. What meaning and clarity are brought to life through this song! I agree Bill doesn't "blow the song away with his solo", but it's only fitting he start the solo since Gloria wrote the song. The GVB recorded this song Acapella on their Acapella project a few years ago, but this arrangement is much more reflective and hits the point much stronger if you ask me.

Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

This is a truly great song. And if I were in Bill Gaither's shoes, writing the paychecks, I'd take a solo too!

jd, just tell people about the direct relationship between I.Q. and hairline!