Wednesday

Because I Have No Blog Within Me

My husband did this. It makes me laugh hysterically.

Antique Mommy instructed us to read this. And she is right. And then she said my new favorite quote: "An exhortation to the sisters, be a fool for Christ, not Christmas - it doesn’t honor Him." Don't you see why I like to pretend that she is my BFF?

Riley is on crutches and in a cast. Let me tell you a little story about what happened -- or at least the part that I am clear about:

"Once upon a time there was a 6 foot wooden fence and a 10 year old little boy. The end."

He ended up in the ER last week while Troy was out of town and has made a grand tour of doctor's offices and medical supply places and finally ended up with a lovely ACU purple cast that now matches his foot. Meanwhile, I have spent the past 7 days suppressing my gag reflex as I deal with swelling, bruising, fracture, tendons, floating bone pieces (double-erp), fracture boots, cast, and crutches. And last night Ashley played all of one minute of her pre-season basketball tournament game before she was trampled by the mob and left the court with a twisted ankle. Anyone know of an orthopedist that has a punch card where you get your 12th visit free? All in all, we're doing great and on the mend. I said yesterday -- just a little grit on the contact lens of life; and yet another opportunity to bow in gratitude at the amazing health that all of my family regularly enjoys.

Tammy took some pics today and Riley was hanging out. She captured the moment as she always does:




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hilarious that elf yourself thing ! Just hope your son doesn't see that he has grown to a C-cup (!) heehee - of course if you point this out to Riley, it may help with a speedy recovery, I've heard that laughter is the best medicine :)

Roxanne said...

Thad ended up with a C-cup too. . .and I didn't get to e-mail you yesterday about Riley, but I am sooooooooooo sorry, and I'm assuming that this happened at your house? Tony's brother had a similar incident at a similar age with a similar fence, only it was his arm that rued the day. Atleast Riley is showing his Wildcat pride.

mad4books said...

LOVE the cast! Get better soon, Riley!

No fool for Christmas,
Kristy

Tammy M. said...

I love the elf video. I have never seen Troy move like that! He looks so perky and elfy.

Glad Riley has a cast that is full of signatures!

Julie said...

I am _loving_ the elf video, as well. So sorry about the cast...and the twisted ankle...and the fact that Troy was out of town when it all happened.

AbbieCRAZY said...

I knew you had those moves in you but I DID NOT think that Troy did!