Monday

Snowy Days

Fifteen years ago yesterday I woke up in a cabin in Colorado, in the arms of my husband of three days, and watched huge, fat, sloppy snowflakes falling. And I thought my life and my heart could not possibly be any more full.

Yesterday, after a toasty-warm (like, sweat rings toasty-warm) church service that I interpreted and Troy singing on praise team, then a quick lunch, then sending a child to their room for rude talk, I lay in my bed in west Texas in a house that I pay mortgage on, in the arms of my husband of 15 years and 3 days, and watched huge, fat, sloppy snowflakes falling. And I thought my life and my heart could not possibly be any more full.

Then, to completely prove that I am living right, I ventured out on the slippery roads since neither Ashley nor I had a winter coat. And we walked into Old Navy having a 50% off Winter Coats Sale! We got two for her and one for me. My heart is full and I am BLESSED!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really blessed to be so content, when that pesky glue bottle problem still waits for you.

Tammy M. said...

Dreamy.

Anonymous said...

2???

One for the days you work and one for the days you don't? Because, wearing both will cause more sweat rings.

Sarah said...

Anon, you missed it -- it was two for HER, my precious almost-12 year old daughter who still plays tackle football and likes to dress up like a girl. So she has a cute, but sturdy and rough and tumble every-day kind of coat, and another fairly every-day kind of coat that can also go to church. I passed on the rough and tumble coat. But I was tempted. I also still need to replace my black dress jacket she lost a few weeks ago, but that can wait.

Roxanne said...

We had no snow. . .but it was CHILLY. :) Happy 15th. . .

Shari said...

Reminds me I need a new coat. The temperatures are in the twenties here. Brrrr. Spring can't come soon enough.

Anonymous said...

I bought a new coat this year! First one since...... January 2002! No wait, I somehow scored a down poofy black one about 3 years ago. Oh, well! I love it. It's a wool car coat. Got it during a Thanksgiving Week 60% off sale! I am stoked! ANd warmmmmmmm :)

I am so glad there are blogs where I can shout this good news from the comment section.