Monday

Verse for the Week

I have decided that I am going to claim this verse this week:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Please don't hear me say I will be PERFECT at it -- 'cause I won't. But I will claim it.

For whatever reason, the Lord has really put on my heart how we, as a body, treat each other. I am also reading in Acts, the infancy of "church" on this planet. I think of how those believers, newly gifted with His Spirit, met together, prayed together, shared their belongings, and literally clung to each other for their lives. Church was a natural result of His Spirit being alive and vibrant within their hearts. So many of us (myself being the first of the line) expect church to be the entirity of our relationship with the Lord. And we wonder why He seems so far away.

My thoughts are muddled, and just as likely to be in error as accurate, but this I will cling to this week:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh so hard to do...

Roxanne said...

Good one. . .

Tammy M. said...

Definately requires the Holy Spirit, not of our own flesh is this possible, praising God that He can take this vessell and make it His own.

Anne said...

I was just talking with another friend about this...we have decided to be the kind of friend who brings each other closer to Jesus!

(the grammar in that sentence is not so great! )

Thanks for the scripture reference to help spur me on!

AbbieCRAZY said...

How's it going for ya?