Monday

Monday Randomness

So much going on, no time to stop and tell you. Went to a BEAUTIFUL wedding this weekend. I also got to see many, many friends from "days gone by" -- and it made me so glad that my citizenship is in heaven where I will see all of those folks and so many more again.

Funny picture story, though: there wasn't a reception after the wedding, only a private family dinner. Since there wasn't a big, official cake (well, then, what's the point of the wedding, my kids would say) there were these precious little boxes of individual cupcakes -- like hundreds of little wedding cakes! I went to go pick up one for each of my kids and my photographer friend encouraged me to take more: "It would make a great picture!" he says. Well, I'm nothing if not on board for a funny picture. So I started piling on the little boxes and the two girls that had been at the guest book table came around the corner just in time to see me. "I'm not REALLY taking these!" I told them. "It's just for a picture!" "Well, then, let us help you!" So we did the best we could without losing any cupcakes. The two girls behind me weren't the photographer helpers -- I'm sure they just thought I was completely without class (which, considering the circumstances, I'm close).

I did not drop any and truly did only leave with two (thinking -- oh, so mistakenly, that one of my children would share with me). Randy was right -- I should have taken more.


While I am posting funny pictures, here's when we went to the Rangers game in June and I had to let Juan down ever-so-gently. You KNOW he paid big bucks for this:


In the past few weeks in my quiet time I have been reading Ephesians 3:14-21 as my prayer for the day. I just love it so much. And I shall pray it for you:

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven
and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may
strengthen you (you, precious blog-reader!) with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell
in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you (you,
precious blog-reader!)
, being rooted and established in love, may
have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high
and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses
knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. (can you even IMAGINE being "filled to the measure of
all the fullness of God"??? Don't you pray that for yourself, too?)
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask
or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in
the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen. (and AMEN!!)

May you find His blessings and be filled to the measure of all the fullness of Him this week.

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Poor Juan. I love the cupcake boxes.

Roxanne said...

Yes. . .I think you should have taken off running. . .and I find it incredible that you didn't even dent ONE of those boxes. :)

mad4books said...

Thank you for sharing your prayer! I'm passing it on!