Wednesday

Stream Of Consciousness

(my thoughts in any meeting I am required to be in after 5:30 p.m. - and several that I attend earlier in the day):

Awesome, an agenda. Oh, Jee-hosephat, there are 4 things on here. They've never heard of email? These guys must really love meeting. Newsflash, fellas -- I don't NEED to see your face that badly, and I doubt you need to see mine.

Yes, yes, new committee member. Poor guy. What line did they feed you to twist your arm to get in here: the Lord's will that you join us, this is your spiritual gift, or just plain handwriting on the wall? So, seriously, you've seen a mirror today and you're okay with your hair that way? Alllll-righty. . . Oh, bless him, wonder if he realizes that his button on his shirt -- right at his hairy navel!!-- is unbuttoned. Don't look, Sarah. Those things happen to you, too, you know -- either quit staring or tell the poor -- ewww! ewww!! hairy navel, hairy navel!

Well, that takes care of MY dinner appetite! Wonder if the kids will be hungry. Wonder if Troy would feed them for me. Nah, he'll just drive by Whataburger. What could I make from the pantry? How many times this week have they already had nachos?

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me. We are beating the dead horse that is THIS agenda item? How many times do we have to discuss this? Shall we poll people on the street to see if they agree with us -- we all still agree on that. Puh-leeeeze move along. . .

"I still think it's a great idea!"

Okay, we're supposed to be out of here by 7. If I really shoot out of here I could be home by 7:08. I could probably get my clothes off before I make it in from the garage. Should I start the water boiling for my tea before or after I put on my pajamas? I simply can't wait to put on my pajamas. I love them so very much. Wonder if anyone would mind if I came to the next meeting IN my pajamas? I would be so much happier -- but not necessarily any more awake. When is the next day I can really sleep in? Is Troy going hunting again on Saturday? Wonder if I need to get gasoline on the way home? I hope not -- that would definitely slow down the whole pajama plan.

Yesssss! Last agenda item. Yes, yes, whatever your plan is must be a fabulous one. Way to chair a committee, chairperson! He really should get the hair on his ears trimmed. That's gotta itch. Wonder if it bothers his wife. I haven't seen her in a while. Didn't she get a new job? Yes, I think she's working at. . . well, somewhere and I know I've heard where. I wonder if Troy will know.

Here it is. Nope I have absolutely no more comments or plans. I am SO good with all that has been discussed here. Get me outta here, get me outta here, get me outta here. . .

"I thought it was a good meeting, too. Thanks for organizing it for us!"

7 comments:

Tammy M. said...

I so needed to laugh. Thanks for brightening my day. Hairy navel and all.

Tammy M. said...

I had to read it again.

Anonymous said...

I hope "hairy navel" dude doesn't see your post, but if he does, tell him he's in good company with YOUR husband!

Verification: "bowdma"
Definition- you better bow to maw if you know what's good for you...

Anne said...

Wow...I am impressed. All it seems I can think about in a meeting I want out of is...FOOD!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I was not in that meeting with you. . .I would not have been able to contain myself.

R--

Fredamac said...

Hysterical! You crack me up, girl! I have sometimes stopped in mid-thought and considered how AWFUL it would be if everyone could hear what I was thinking. I'm thankful that they cannot. And thankful that you shared your thoughts with us. :)

Doug said...

yeah....I so get it.