Wednesday

Observations, Ponderings, Instructions

Saw a sticker on the back of a car today: "Praise the Lowered." I don't get it.

Almost finished with my interviews for work -- about 2 months after I should have been. One 5th grade girl today: lives, basically, with her step-mother who is very kind and nurturing and taking good care of her. Dad sometimes lives there, but is alcoholic (and sounds like a drug user, as well) and comes and goes. She doesn't know where Mom is. She reports that her uncle molested her (as well as other children) but is in prison for it now. My co-worker that conducted the interview asked me if our agency needed to take any action because of the report of abuse and potential neglect. These words came out of my mouth: "I don't think so, because she's in the best possible situation she could be in." Makes you want to weep, doesn't it?

19* is useless unless it comes with snow and therefore shuts the city down.

Notice to Abilene motorists: There is a lever on the left side of the steering column. It is a turn signal. Please use it. I'm really tired so my mind-reading powers are a little fuzzy. When you slam on your brakes in the middle of the street for no apparent reason my SUV just might end up in the back seat of your car. I avoided that 3 times today. My luck or defensive driving skills are bound to wear out at some point!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your trying to make a difference in the way people drive, but what makes you think the idiots you're describing can operate a computer, or even read?

GXSOP - what you use to wash a race car.

Anne said...

I should have never mentioned the possiblity of SNOW to Natalie...she has been watching out the window all day, and asking repeatedly "Is it snowing yet?" "How come?"

I have got to get better at this information thing. She is only 2...she doen't have to know the weather forecast!

And I agree...on days that the weather is this cold, it would be nice if Nathaniel did not have to go to work...When we are stuck inside, there are only so many things I can think of to do. I colored for an hour today...and painted with watercolors! Nathaniel is good at being creatively entertaining to Natalie! Sure could have used his input about 3:30 today. I think she was bored with me!

Anonymous said...

Had to laugh at Dad's ponderings about idiotic drivers seeing as how ANY other driver on the road besides him is his own pet peeve. :) The man you once said "who believes that asphalt is not something merely to be driven upon but to be conquered."

R--

Love you, Mike. :)