Friday

It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming

For years, the phrase "It's Friday, but Sunday's coming" was one of the most popular searches that brought people to my blog -- especially around this time of year -- because of this post (which means my punkin' little friend Levi turned 5 years old last week! Where does the time go??)

I am currently reading an AMAZING book. No, I'm not exaggerating.

Amazing.

Go. Here.

Order with one-click. Amazing.

So. This morning, this Good Friday morning, I read it briefly as my house came awake. Here are the words I read:

"I awaken to the strange truth that all new life comes out of the dark places, and hasn't it always been? Out of darkness, God spoke forth teeming life. . . . Out of the dark, tender life unfurled. Out of my own inner pitch, six human beings emerged, new life, wet and fresh.
All new life labors out of the very bowels of darkness.
That fullest life itself dawns from nothing but Calvary darkness and tomb - cave black into the radiance of Easter morning.
Out of the darkness of the cross, the world transfigures into new life. And there is no other way.
Then ... yes: It is dark suffering's umbilical cord that alone can untether new life.
It is suffering that has the realest possibility to bear down and deliver grace.
And grace that chooses to bear the cross of suffering overcomes the suffering.
I need to breathe."

Indeed. This is what the cross means to each of us. Grace. Overcoming suffering.

So very thankful.

Here is Tony Campolo with the sermon that started that phrase:



2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Love the quote from the book--hope your day is lovely and happy and filled with all of you being together.

Love you.

Neva said...

I remember hearing that sermon before--the book will be on my read list---many blessings

peace and prayers
neva