Monday

Let's Try This Again, Shall We?

Sitemeter tells me people are still coming by. Go figure. Most of my visits come from Google searches. Thankfully, at one time, we actually had a comment about 'Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs'. That makes it seem like an intelligent blog. Then, some people want to know things like 'hammy downs' (oh, jehosaphat -- how many people spell it that way???? If you land here in a search for it -- it is 'hand-me-downs', because someone handed it down to you. It's not good grammar, but it is the way it is). Someone in the United Kingdom googled my grandmother's name. (???) ( -- Queen Elizabeth -- contact me and I will tell you where you can send any gift you have for my late grandmother. Your majesty.)And, at one time, I evidently had coherent thought coursing inside my head about the love the Lord lavishes on us.

Nothing like that here. I'm still decluttering my house and my brain and it's hard to tell which is more cluttered! Thankfully, even with yukky cold and rainy, I haven't (so far) gone through too much of a winter depression. Maybe my time away from here is part of a little bit of one -- but the main thing I'm doing to stay away from depression is easing up on myself -- expectations-wise. That means, first of all, no New Year's resolutions! Because by now I would have already tanked them, which would scream "FAILURE!" inside my head! So, the January theme has been, "Being kind to myself". Sadly, it's harder than I thought. But it also explains why I haven't been here. Not a lot to say. Anyone who has a discussion-starter is welcome to throw it out there. I could TRY one...

So, how do you feel about Brittney's absolute loss of control? Oh, never mind -- I definitely don't have the energy for THAT conversation!!!

Maybe more later. For now, enjoy one of the very clever and funny videos Southern Hills has shown recently...


3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Hi. . must clean. . .more later. . .are you e-mailing me? 'Cause your comment didn't show up in my e-mail. Hmmmmm. . .

Lindi said...

I think "hand me downs" all together should be eliminated. It should be "pass me overs" That sounds better right? Anyway, some of my favorite outfits of Abba's have been pass 'em over to me's. :) Especially Kara and Cassidy's

My husband actually thinks my hobby is organizing. HA

AbbieCRAZY said...

How about a little Lost talk? The "tyranny of the offended" talk? Isn't time for TAKS talk? Flying vs. driving? Tax rebates? The Presidental Primaries? Why Hillary was so stone-faced all last night? Do we really want to look at that for 4 years?

I know you can intelligently write on any of these subjects!