Thursday

3 Resolutions + a freeby

First, I have to say it like my grandmother, Maxine, would have, "HAPpyyyy New Year!!" I can't ever hear it or say it without thinking of her. Every New Year's Eve in my childhood memory, my brother and I spent the night at Max and Maxine's. They supplied streamers, noise makers, and balloons and Kevin and I would decorate the room (in secret -- or, better yet, just to get us out of their hair). Tremendous fun, tremendous noise, tremendous memories.

Doesn't anyone think the Day of the Blog is over yet? I'm thinkin' the Day of THIS Blog is in its sunset...

Troy and I went to not-our-usual church Sunday morning. Heard a FABULOUS New Year's sermon. It wasn't even that congregation's regular preacher -- he had been on staff at that church, then moved away for one job, and was starting another this week. Anyway, he spoke of a few resolutions he would like to keep in the New Year. I think I shall adopt them as my own. What do you think?

1) I will remember with wonder and awe all the times God has been faithful since my childhood.
2) I will speak to God more and more of His greatness so that it leaves no room for murmuring.
3)I will tell the story of His salvation the rest of my life.

And for the freeby -- (if you were one of the blessed recipients of my Christmas letter, you already have heard this): in December I was struck by Ephesians 4:1: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." and then a little later: "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way;" Colossians 1:10a

So, for me, I will try those three, plus the freeby:
4)I will live a life worthy of the calling I have received, worthy of the Lord so that I may please him in every way.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I think that I, too, shall adopt those. . .and the blog's days should not be numbered. . .otherwise, where would you store all those thoughts you might otherwise forget.

See?

Antique Mommy said...

Excellent resolutions. Much better than losing weight, but not as easy...