Friday

Happy Same Ol' Year

*sigh* It was bound to happen -- but 2008 started so well! For almost 72 whole hours I had not argued with anyone, threatened to walk away from my job, questioned my faith, or even gotten mad at myself for that ridiculous number on the scale. Of course, I haven't been to work or even around people that I didn't specifically choose to be, but the year got a great start!

But last night I found out that someone I love dearly got some not-very-good news from the doctor yesterday. And I am so sad for them and their family who are struggling to find answers and what it all means. And I was reminded that the same broken, stinky, messed up world that held 2007 has a hold on 2008, as well.

So I lift my eyes to the same Father that has held each of us in the palm of His hand since the beginning of time. I cling to the hope, peace, and, oddly enough, even joy that only He can give in the middle of the mess. And I am at peace.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore
I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his
compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your
faithfulness. Lamentations 3:21-23

4 comments:

mindy said...

Of course I read your blog....it's one of my faves:) Enjoy your last little bit of vacation!

Antique Mommy said...

Sorry about your friend. News like that always settles uncomfortably in my stomache. Thanks for the reminder that God is God and is always there, in good times and bad, no matter the year or the weather.

Roxanne said...

I'm sorry, Sarah. You're right. . .it stinks. Thankfully God has us in the palm of his hand. Lifting my eyes with you.

Bev Ross said...

Sarah, I just love that we can stay connected through the blog world. I am sorry about your friend's news - may the Lord's presence cover that family and may He reveal His hand through every turn in days to come. May He richly bless you with Himself in08!!!