Monday

Holiday Conundrum

I have been "strongly encouraged" to send out Christmas cards at work. I really wish that the front-office-powers-that-be would have strongly encouraged me before today, but there you have it. So I set about to include some snappy greeting in the card. Hmmmm. . .most of my contacts are Christians, but not all. So, Happy Holidays should make everyone happy. Well, it did until James Dobson decided I would be attacking Christmas to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. So if I simply wish everyone Happy Holidays, some Christian-on-the-Dobson-bandwagon is going to chew me out for attacking Christmas. Yeeeshks. Listen up -- no one loves Jesus OR Christmas more than I do. So if I don't happen to know FOR SURE what religion you are, don't jump down my throat for wishing you a generic, all-encompassing "Happy Holidays"! All right? All right!

That said, Merry Kwanzaa to all and to all a Happy Ramadan/ Hannukah/ New Year-ish-type time.

2 comments:

Tammy M. said...

A preacher on the Today show pointed out that Holiday, means Holy Day. So you really are covered either way. Blessings to you and your Christmas Card mail out.

Anonymous said...

Last year my friend Kathleen had "Happy Hanakwaanzakumas" on her answering machine. . .

I think since the "powers that be" are so gung-ho on the sending of felicitations, they should issue an office Christmas card with all of your names neatly printed on the inside of the card. . .or provide pretty colored pens for the signing thereof. The holiday/Christmas/greeting signing party if you will. Serving M&Ms at the signing gala would be advisable as well.

Je-hosephat, Sarah!!!!! Yes, strong encouragement should come on November 23rd. . .so you can procrastinate rather than panic. :)

R--