Wednesday

What A Difference 9 Years Makes

We are in the 'staging' phase of selling our house. We hope to get it on the market in the next 48-72 hours. This morning we had a friend come over who stages homes professionally. I THOUGHT I had looked at enough house listings to have a good idea of how to show our house well. This gal had great ideas but it involved some WORK on our end.

Troy and I were BOTH overwhelmed. Still are. But I did realize tonight the difference a few years can make in a move.

Nine years ago it would have gone like so:
She: we need to move that here, this there, and that over there.
Him: I'm not moving that.
She: silent and sullen, pouting and sad that it won't get done, but when asked, she is FINE

Now:
She: we need to move that here, this there, and that over there.
Him: I'm not moving that.
She: But what if I really want it that way?
(After two hours of shoving, pulling, rearranging, and vacuuming --- DONE).
And everyone lived happily ever after.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

So did you do all of the tugging and pulling and vacuuming by yourself or did Troy help? ;)

Either way, it got done, and everyone is happy. I am glad you have a friend who is a stager--I bet the house looks great!