Monday

The Teens Keep Me Laughing!

I remember when my kids were little hearing a woman with a 13, 15, 16, and 18 year old say that she would rather have 4 teenagers than 4 2-year olds. "Hmmm..." thought I, "I'll just have to see about that!" Not that I planned to have 4 of either, mind you.

But I have to confess that my teens are so funny -- sometimes inadvertently -- and generally a joy.

Just a few of the recent conversations around here. Only one will identify WHICH teen it was:

Me, after clearing off a week's worth of clutter and mess off of my kitchen island: (HUGE sigh and exclamation) "OH! I feel SO! much better!!
Boy Teen: "Because you cleaned, or did you fart?"

***************************
After some outdoor stuff:
Me: "I can't believe I drank 2 liters of water and I am still this thirsty. My throat is completely dry."
Teen: "Yeah, but you talk a lot."

***************************
11 a.m.
Teen with one eye open, still in bed: "I AM up!"
Me: "That's not UP-- you're horizontal!"
Teen: "I'm planking..."

Love those guys.. Every day is a new day.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

All funny, but I find the "planking" one especially intriguing as I did not know that it had become ALL THE RAGE until a co-worker showed me photos of her brother-in-law planking (in the nude) on a big rock fountain entrance to a neighborhood. Yikes.