Tuesday

Glorious Summer Days

Last week Ashley was at camp. This week, Riley is at day camp. I have been SO blessed to be able to have one-on-one time with each of them over these days. I haven't had much opportunity to blog due to all of the playing that has taken place! The pool, movies, eating out,. . . it has been so much fun!

I haven't made an "official blog announcement" that I am in the middle of job transition. I am winding up my job as PALS co-ordinator at Big Brothers Big Sisters, and getting ready to share a 2nd grade classroom with Kendra. She will teach M/W/every-other Friday, I teach Tu/Th/every-other Friday. I am getting excited about returning to the classroom, especially since it's part-time. I looked for such a job a few years ago and was basically told that they are too rare and trying to be phased out, so give it up. So, I'm very thankful for this opportunity to be able to teach some, do volunteer-mom at school some. AND I'm very thankful that I don't have to start a classroom from scratch -- I'm happy to walk in and have Kendra tell me exactly what to do and how to do it. Unfortunately, she's really not that bossy, though.

I have barely over a week before I have to get to workshops, workdays, and orientations. Until then, we are all playing as hard as we possibly can!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations! Exciting times are ahead!

Enjoy the rest of summer...

Sarah said...

Mindy -- I'll be at Bonham with Kendra!! Come see me! I will miss you at BBBS!