Thursday

Happy Thursday. . .

Just wondering -- did ANYONE have a good Thursday? My day has been a bit of a mess that has included doctor's offices, waiting rooms, x-rays, car battery cables, jumper cables, topped off with some quality bonding with tomorrow-turning-8-years-old Riley by pushing our Expedition. Nothing major (that I know of -- yet) just lots of annoyances. And everyone that I encountered -- people I knew at the doctor's office, friends bringing me jumper cables or mini-muffin pans -- was having, at best, an annoying day.

Someone PLEASE write in and tell me about your wonderful Thursday full of seeing God in every corner.

I actually enjoyed pieces of my day -- and will enjoy it the most when Troy throws in the towel with the car repair and just comes and sits with me.

Little details if I made you curious:

Ashley fell off her bike last week (darn shoelaces!) and hurt her arm. Last night she mentioned her arm hurt when she brushed her teeth! Buckle fracture, wearing a splint for almost 2 weeks, good as new.

Car -- probably the alternator (if you don't know what that is, just go light 5 $100 bills on fire. That should get you close).

Mini-muffins -- making "thank yous" from Big Brothers Big Sisters for schools to deliver (I guess in my horse and buggy) tomorrow. Does anyone have a recipe for zuchini bread close to Hickory Street Cafe's? My muffins are good, but they're not Hickory Street's!

Everybody have a GREAT Friday!!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Glad it was good Thur for you...yep it was for me, because today I'm S-O-B-E-R. Thanks for asking. (In case you didn't notice you made a covert apperance in my last "schtick") Peace.

Tammy M. said...

Beside the ugly moment that you witnessed me yelling, "close the door", about 10 times to my boys as they were getting out of the van, my day was good. For the rest that might read this who don't know why I was screaming....our dog Snickers a very cute dachsund, short brownish red hair, was aching to make a break from the van and go explore the surroundings that were calling her last night in the church parking lot. I wanted to take her home alive and safe...so I was trying to prevent her from jumping through 1 of 2 open doors that for some reason my kids weren't closing, just standing and staring at me, no reactions, just staring. I do believe that they thought while closing the door Snickers might jump, hence be smushed in a closing door. They thought the safest option was to stand their and look at me for further direction, which was "close the door."

Sarah I hope your car get's its repairs today and you don't end up in the poor house. Been there, twice in the last month and it wasn't pretty.

Sarah said...

I guess it is a blessing, but I pretty much HAD blocked out the crafts for 100 4th graders. Probably because it was the ONLY part of my day that I was planning on doing -- attending that meeting. After that, it's all a blur.

Perhaps I should add that to my Thursday woes -- but Friday woes are no email. MUCH bigger woe for me!

Anonymous said...

Well, wish I could add what a great Thursday I had, but you saw me sitting for 4 hours in the waiting room of the blood lab at the doctor's office. YUK! By the way, I ended up failing that test also, and am now officially a gestational diabetic...yuk!