Thursday

Testing God -- in a Good Way

Sometimes social media is too much for me. Too much pain, too much suffering, too much information, just too much. That's one reason I have started having my weekly technology sabbath -- on Sundays I take a break from computers and cell phones to shut down and spend time with the Lord and renew.

Facebook has reconnected me with people that I love, and connected me with people I have never actually met but have now come to love. Each of them has hurts and concerns and struggles and prayer needs that they share. Sometimes I am BURDENED with those -- my heart aches for those of you that hurt, and I do pray fervently for each of those.

One thing that social media has brought to my attention that I can't get out of my head via Trey Morgan is the people (okay, really it's the children that haunt me) of Honduras that live at the dump -- because that's where they can find some food. Last December when Trey was in Honduras, his mission team had a banquet for these people -- at the dump. (Seriously, you HAVE to see that blog post. I dare you).

So May 5th, Trey celebrated Dump Day. He raises money for those people to get them fed and have clean water as much as possible throughout the year. This was the 2nd annual Dump Day and Trey was hoping for at least as much response as last year ($12,000). Trey has confessed that his faith was too small -- and I am so thrilled to have been able to witness what God did through the power of social media and generous people around the globe. Just WOW.

If you are moved to still give to this worthwhile project, you can find out how here.

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Malachi 3:9

1 comment:

Lori said...

That was such a great day! My heart aches for the people there, too. I'm ashamed to say that sometimes I don't want to even look at the pictures very closely. It's amazing what everyone can do with God's help, by giving just a little. It turned in to a lot!